[gmx-users] compiling with the PGI compiler

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Dec 2 13:21:16 CET 2011

Hi,

Pathscale seems to be as fast as gcc 4.5 on AMD Barcelona and the
-march=barcelona option unfortunately doesn't seem to help much.
However, I didn't try any other compiler optimization options.

We do have several Magny-Cours machines around we can benchmark on,
but thanks for the offer!

Cheers,
--
Szilárd