[gmx-users] box vectors

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 8 08:03:35 CET 2011

On 8/12/2011 2:54 PM, Chandan Choudhury wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the responses. I should have framed my question
> much more precisely. I am trying to use the template.c code of
> (gmx_4.0.7) and within this, I want to take care of PBC. To do this, I
> should be having the knowledge of box dimensions. How can this done?

Check out the code of g_bond or g_dist to see how to get access to the
box information from the trajectory, and how that might be used. Note
that it's important to get the data from the trajectory frame rather
than the .tpr when the former varies, and I am not sure that the code of
those tools does this correctly at the moment, or in 4.0.7 (see
http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/834).

Mark