[gmx-users] restart does not automatically use checkpoint?

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Thu Dec 8 10:22:37 CET 2011

I attempted to do a restart of an aborted mpirun 4.5.4 simulation
with -deffnm but no explicit -cpi. However, the simulation did not restart
from the checkpoint but started from 0. Is this a known issue? Do restarts
require explicit -cpi flag? (since the workflow I use to extend a run
using tpbconv -extend uses -cpi on a different checkpoint filename and I know
that does start the new run from the explicit checkpoint).

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|