[gmx-users] analysis the results of melocular dynamics simulation

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Tue Dec 13 13:35:47 CET 2011

Hi Yeping

El 13/12/11 13:17, yp sun escribió:
> Dear Sir,
> I finished my simulation with gromacs, but whatever orders I use to
> analysize the results, I always get errors. For example, when I type:
> g_density -f  md.trr
> It returns:
>
> Program g_density, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: gmxfio.c, line: 706
> Can not open file:
> topol.tpr

You need a *.trp file: named topol.tpr by default, but you can set your
particular one with -s label. What the error say is that the file
"topol.tpr" either does not exists or has not the right permissions.

> When I type:
>  g_energy --f md.edr --o potential.xvg
> It returns:
> Program g_energy, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: statutil.c, line: 799
> Invalid command line argument:
> --f
> When I type: g_rms --s md.tpr --f md.trr --o rmsd.xvg
> It returns:
> Program g_rms, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: statutil.c, line: 799
> Invalid command line argument:
> --s
> When I type:
> g_gyrate --f md.trr --s md.tpr --o gyrate.xvg
> It retures:
> Program g_gyrate, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: statutil.c, line: 799
> Invalid command line argument:
> --f

These three cases seem as a problem with the character "-", you using a
differently encoded character (in your first example it is right however)

--
Javier CEREZO BASTIDA
PhD Student