[gmx-users] Cosine content

Francesco Oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:37:55 CET 2011

Hi Vijayan,
cosine content should say how not-random are the movements observed in
the configuration set you have analized.
Regarding your case, this means that, even if the RMSD is stable
starting from 5ns, the protein still experiences "random" motions.
You should therefore consider as statistically relevant the trajectory
starting from 30ns.
Basing on my experience, I advice you to extend the simulation lenght
(i.e.100ns) to ensure a larger dataset.

Francesco