[gmx-users] nrexcl = 2 or 3?

Yun Shi yunshi09 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:24:38 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

I do not quite understand. For example, in amber ff, 1-4 interactions
(except the part from dihedral interactions) are calculated according to
non-bonded parameters and then scaled by 1/2 or 5/6. When setting nrexcl =
3, which is the default, aren't 1 - 4 interactions excluded from using
non-bonded parameters?

Thanks,
Yun