[gmx-users] Reg: Parallel run

Rohit Farmer rohit.bioinfo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:27:55 CET 2011

Dear Users,

I am trying to run my simulation in parallel using above 40 threads on a
cluster using qsub system but i am getting the following errors

Fatal error:
The number of nodes you selected (43) contains a large prime factor 43.
In most cases this will lead to bad performance. Choose a number with
smaller prime factors or set the decomposition (option -dd) manually.

Fatal error:
There is no domain decomposition for 40 nodes that is compatible with
the given box and a minimum cell size of 1.02425 nm
Change the number of nodes or mdrun option -rcon or -dds or your LINCS
settings
Look in the log file for details on the domain decomposition

The above two errors are on changing to different number of threads.

Any help??

Thanks

Rohit