[gmx-users] Re: LINCS error

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 20 14:15:15 CET 2011

On 20/12/11, aiswarya pawar  <aiswarya.pawar at gmail.com> wrote:
> i went through the mailing list, but i dont understand when i run the same protein on my computer it runs correctly without any LINCS warning. On the cluster with 64 processors the job runs but crashes in between and shows the LINCS warning.

That happens. Your different computers are running different versions of the calculation. Numerical artefacts do happen, especially if you use algorithms that are known to be unstable when not in equilibrium, like I said three days ago. Why have you repeated your question instead of trying my suggestion?

> Please anyone tell me what could be the reason. Is anything wrong with my protein.

Something is very likely wrong with your system preparation. The links people have been giving you detail the advice on how to diagnose the problem or how to be more gentle. There's little else for me to say.

Mark