[gmx-users] About Choice PDB

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 21 18:56:38 CET 2011

vidhya sankar wrote:
> Dear justin,,
>                     Thank you for your immediate reply.
> Which PDB is suitable Either X-ray PDB  (brookavean protein data bank)
> or NMR PDB  to study the effect of ionic strength on protein.
> If i use x-ray PDB
> will it affect the result though i solvate and neutralise the PDB before
> energy minimization, Equilibration and MD ?

Any structural model is going to have inherent limitations as far as resolution,
environment in which it was determined, etc.  I doubt that a convincing argument
can be made either way as to whether one technique is inherently better for a
study that may or may not depend on it (I have no idea on "the effect of ionic
strength on protein" means - it's quite vague).

Please make sure to keep your questions focused on Gromacs issues.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee