[gmx-users] trjconv and g_clustsize

mohammad agha mra_bu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 18:29:49 CET 2011

Thank you very much from your reply.

I found out that my problem is at step "c" (-pbc nojump) because I exercised ngmx after steps "a" and "b" by:
ngmx -f cluster.gro -s cluster.tpr

and I viewed 2 micelles the same of result of md.trr (or md.xtc).
I studied http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions according to your advice and I think that I should Extract the first frame from the trajectory as reference for removing jumps and then Remove jumps according step "c", but I have a problem about this!
May I ask you to check my steps, please?

1- trjconv -f md.xtc -s md.tpr -o cluster.gro -e 600000 -pbc cluster (and I selected 2 surfactants for clustering group and 0 system for outpup group)

2- grompp -f md.mdp -c cluster.gro -o cluster.tpr -n index.ndx
Then I did: ngmx -f cluster.gro -s cluster.tpr and I viewed 2 micelles.

3- trjconv -f cluster.gro -s cluster.tpr -dump 0 -o clusterdump.gro (and I selected 0 system for output group)

4- grompp -f md.mdp -c clusterdump.gro -o cluster1.tpr -n index.ndx

5- trjconv -f cluster.gro -s cluster1.tpr -pbc nojump -o clusternojump.xtc
Then I did: ngmx -f clusternojump.xtc -s cluster1.tpr  and I had the same previous problem.
May I ask you to help me, please?

Best Regards
Sara