[gmx-users] dodecahedron box

Zahra M s_zahra_mousavi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 07:42:18 CET 2011

hi dear all users
I'm simulating 2 proteins in a dodecahedron unit cell,and I want to put these 2 proteins in an exact distance from each other, and also from the boundaries, and I have some questions for doing this.
1) How can I implement this exact distance from the other protein and also the edges of the box?
2) when I use dodecahedron unit cell with this command: "editconf -f protein.gro -o protein_newbox.gro -bt dodecahedron -d 1.0 -c", the first protein is in the center of the box, but as I want to add the second protein at the distance of 1.0 nm from the first one, I decided to determine box vectors and protein position myself, and I wrote: "editconf -f protein.gro -o protein_newbox.gro  -box 4 4 6 -angles 60 60 90 -center 2 2 2", but a part of protein becomes outside the boundaries. I've examined the other numbers for -box vectors and -center, but the result was the same.
I don't know what to do, please help me.
thank you in advanced.

-zahra