[gmx-users] how to obtain error bar for plotting?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 28 09:12:50 CET 2011

On 28/12/2011 6:59 PM, leila karami wrote:
> Dear Mark
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> I have a general questions:
>
> For what parameters I can use g_analyze -av average.xvg -errbar stddev -f *.xvg?//
>

> //*** What quantity do you wish to show with an error bar?
>
> I want to show output from g_dist with an error bar.

That's not a quantity. You need to be able to say something like "I want
to show with an error bar twice the standard error of the average
distance between the terminal alpha-carbon atoms over my five
simulations". Once you can do that you can start to construct commands
with g_dist and g_analyze to achieve it.