[gmx-users] segmentation fault: g_velacc

Vigneshwar Ramakrishnan vmsrvignesh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:17:49 CET 2011

Dear All,

I am using the gromacs 4.0.7 version and I was trying to calculate the
momentum autocorrelation function by using the -m flag. However, I get a
segmentation fault as follows:

trn version: GMX_trn_file (double precision)
Reading frame       0 time    0.000   Segmentation fault

When I don't use the -m option, I have no problem.

Upon searching the userslist, I found this thread:
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-October/054813.html and a
patch, but I don't find any related bugs reported elsewhere.

So, I am just wondering if I sould go ahead and use the patch or if there
could be something else that is wrong.

Will appreciate any kind of pointers.

Sincerely,
Vignesh
--
R.Vigneshwar
Graduate Student,

"Strive for Excellence, Never be satisfied with the second Best!!"

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a
desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. (E.B. White)