[gmx-users] Re: change in secondary structure

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:14:24 CET 2011

Thanks for ur kind reply Justin ...

I also searched the gmx userlist regarding the same query and I found out
that It was mentioned to repeat the simulation again with a different force
field .. but I don't know about the energy minimization parameters as  I am
following ur lysozyme tutorial  for that .. I will get back to u get if I
get the same type of structural changes with this force field...

Also I would like to mention one more thing .. as I did the simulation of
crystal str of GFP with the same parameters which I used for the variant of
GFP .. In case of the crystal str. simulation result, it seems to be
perfectly fine and there is no change in the secondary structure also ...
So, if I am not wrong then there is some problem with the variant structure
that I have modeled ??.. Actually the variant of GFP that I have modeled has
one loop (of 4 amino acid in original str) replaced with an another loop of
9 residues length ... CAn this be the reason ??

Regarding the simulation time I want to ask ... what is the minimum or the
optimal time the structure should be simulated for such analysis as I have
read many paper published in big journals doing simulation only for 1ns (in
that case I am doing for 3 ns)... pls comment

E-mail : monu46010 at yahoo.com