[gmx-users] Porting Amber parmbsc0 force field to Gromacs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 5 18:23:32 CET 2011

william Stebbeds wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use the parmbs0 Amber forcefield to Gromacs,
> specifically the nucleic acid parameters.
>
> Is this likely to come in a future release?

Force fields are only implemented if a developer has a compelling reason to do
so, and then take the time to validate it.  As such, new force fields are not
often introduced.

> I appreciate that this will likely be a difficult process but if anyone
> can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

You can probably take an existing Amber force field and modify it.  Chapter 5 is
your friend here.  By modifying existing files, you don't have to come up with
all the syntax by yourself.

-Justin

> Will - Cranfield University

Justin A. Lemkul