[gmx-users] Re: free energy calculation , grompp crash

Da-Wei Li lidawei at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:15:18 CET 2011

hello

Here they are the command line and mdp file. I use Gromacs 4.5.3. This is a
test case only and the protein is 1UBQ. Grompp wills top for about 10
minutes then go through.

***********output of grompp*****************

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.6#
Generated 2278 of the 2278 non-bonded parameter combinations
Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5
Generated 2278 of the 2278 1-4 parameter combinations
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Protein'
turning H bonds into constraints...
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
turning H bonds into constraints...
Coupling 1 copies of molecule type 'Protein'
Setting gen_seed to 8552
Velocities were taken from a Maxwell distribution at 300 K
********************************

Command line and mdp file:

******************************
grompp -f pr1.mdp -c after_em.gro -t em.trr -p topol.top -o pr1
******************************
define = -DPOSRES ; position restrain the protein
; Run parameters
integrator = sd ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps = 5000 ; 2 * 50000 = 100 ps
dt = 0.002 ; 2 fs
; Output control
nstxout = 1000 ; save coordinates every 2 ps
nstvout = 5000 ; save velocities every 100ps
nstenergy = 1000 ; save energies every 2 ps
nstlog = 1000 ; update log file every 2 ps
; Bond parameters
continuation = no ; first dynamics run
constraint_algorithm = lincs ; holonomic constraints
constraints = hbonds ; H bonds constrained
lincs_iter = 1 ; accuracy of LINCS
lincs_order = 4 ; also related to accuracy
; Neighborsearching
ns_type = grid ; search neighboring grid cels
nstlist = 10 ; 20 fs
rlist = 0.8 ; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
rcoulomb = 0.8 ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
rvdw = 1.0 ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
; Electrostatics
coulombtype = PME ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range electrostatics
pme_order = 4 ; cubic interpolation
fourierspacing = 0.12 ; grid spacing for FFT
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl = V-rescale ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps = Protein Non-Protein ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t = 0.1 0.1 ; time constant, in ps
ref_t = 300 300 ; reference temperature, one for each group, in K
; Pressure coupling is off
pcoupl = no ; no pressure coupling in NVT
; Periodic boundary conditions
pbc = xyz ; 3-D PBC
; Dispersion correction
DispCorr = EnerPres ; account for cut-off vdW scheme
; Velocity generation
gen_vel = yes ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp = 300 ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed = -1 ; generate a random seed
;free energy stuff
free_energy              = yes
init_lambda              = 0.0