[gmx-users] solvation_box_preparation

shahid nayeem msnayeem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:37:26 CET 2011

Hi Justin
Thanks a lot.
I tried doing energy minimization and th lowering emtotal to 200 and
the system converged to
Steepest Descents converged to Fmax < 200 in 1411 steps
Potential Energy  = -3.9063050e+05
Maximum force     =  1.3442458e+02 on atom 927
Norm of force     =  1.4758101e+01
 For equilibration of solvation box I am following a biophys j paper
in which protocol for urea box preparation is given. A simulated
annealing under high pressure (ref_p=100) to cool system from 300 to
0K thereafter heating back to 300K at ref_p=1. Again 1ns MD at same
condition. If this way is harsh treatment of system then suggest me
the way out.
My sa.mdp sa_hot.mdp and sa_equilibriation.mdp as well as chaps.itp
are attached with this mail
Shahid Nayeem