[gmx-users] doubts on g_confrms output

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:03:03 CET 2011

Hoi :)

Maybe the following lines are useful. First, to extract the first
model from a PDB file:

sed /ENDMDL/q trajectory.pdb > first.pdb

Just for the record, to extract a specific frame # from a PDB file:

sed -ne '{/^MODEL *# /,/ENDMDL/p}' trajectory.pdb > frame-#.pdb (NOTE:
replace # with the number)

Then, to extract the last frame from a PDB file:

sed -ne '/^MODEL/,/^ENDMDL/{/^MODEL/{x;d};H}' -e '${x;p}'
trajectory.pdb > last.pdb

With these lines it  does not matter whether the frames/models have
equal (numbers of) atoms or not.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk