[gmx-users] how to fixe distance

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 12 23:06:48 CET 2011

najwa drici wrote:
> hi all
>
> How can I fix some distances and angles in manner, that I can set up
> long molecular dynamic simulation without structural lost?

Read in the manual about distance, angle, and/or dihedral restraints.

If you're having problems with secondary structure changes, there are a whole
host of reasons it might be erroneously happening, including, but not limited
to, force field limitations and incorrect .mdp settings (i.e. incorrect use of a
given force field).  So before you go trying to force a certain behavior, be
sure you understand the reasons something might be happening.

-Justin

> cordially
>
> DRICI nedjoua

Justin A. Lemkul