[gmx-users] Simulation using Martini force field

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue Feb 15 07:41:09 CET 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:43 PM, politr at fh.huji.ac.il wrote:

> Thank you very much for you reply. Can you please explain me why do
> i need secondary structure file at all and why "secondary structure
> is pre-defined and thus static throughout a simulation"? I didn't
> see that something like this defined for lipids.
Have look at the Martini paper for protein (JCTC-2009) you might find
some stuff quite instructive in there :))

FYI lipids do not have secondary structure or something that would
succgest they could have different interacting behavior in function of
their conformation.
> How do I use do_dssp to build the needed file? I saw that I need a
> topology file in rder to use do_dssp. Where can I find this topology
> file? I hope this is ok that I'm asking so many questions. Thank you
> very much for your help.
No problem it just shows how it was a good idea to make a tutorial :))
have look there cgmartini.nl