[gmx-users] g_hbond and 4.5.2 version

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Feb 16 22:10:18 CET 2011

Hi,

That suggets it's related to the new merge-on-the-fly-code and not the
pbc handling.

And it's me, not Justin, who's fixing and probably creating the bugs. :-)

Cheers,

Erik

Zuzana Benkova skrev 2011-02-16 19.58:
> Dear Justin,
>
> maybe following information helps you. When I evaluated the number of
> hydrogen bonds between two different groups, particularly, water and
> frozen atoms of the siloxane surface I got the same results with both
> version of GROMACS, 4.0.3 and 4.5.2.
>
> Greetings
> Zuzana
>
> On 02/15/11, *Zuzana Benkova * <Zuzana.Benkova at savba.sk> wrote:
>> Hello Justin,
>>
>> I was using cubic boxes.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Zuzana

>>> bonds in water. I got the average  number per time frame and number
>>> of water oxygen atoms equal to 0.839. When I used g_hbond of version
>>> 4.0.7 I got 1.677, which is twice the former value. TIP3P model
>>> predicts over 3 hydrogen bonds per one water molecule. I am a bit
>>> puzzled. If I multiply the digit from version 4.0.7. by 2 I get the
>>> expected number. That is why I supposed that the number of 1.677
>>> means per one water oxygen and  per one water molecule means 2x1.677
>>> since two water molecules participate at one hydrogen bond.
>>> to interpret the number obtained by version 4.5.2.

>>> reported in 4.5.1:

>>> Are people who are reporting this error using a triclinic boxes or
>>> cuboid boxes. That information may help my bugfixing.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please search the archive at
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
>>> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
>>> interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>>> Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se/