[gmx-users] about -CN triple bond

C.Y. Chang chiayun.chang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:08:09 CET 2011

Hi,

I added these words in the end of the topolgy

[ virtual_sites2 ]
; Site from funct a
5 1 2 1 0.7439756

and changed the mass of the atom 5 to zero.
When I performed the grompp before the MDS, it showed some error msg.

Reading position restraint coords from em.gro
Cleaning up constraints and constant bonded interactions with virtual sites
ERROR: Cannot have constraint (5-7) with virtual site (5)
ERROR: Cannot have constraint (5-6) with virtual site (5)
ERROR: Cannot have constraint (4-5) with virtual site (5)

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: vsite_parm.c, line: 856

Fatal error:
There were 3 virtual sites involved in constraints

I seems to need to exclude these atoms which link to the virtual atom.
What should I deal with the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Best,

                                                      Chia-yun