[gmx-users] removing pbc jumps from trajectory

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Mon Feb 21 09:01:54 CET 2011

You have to make sure of two things:

1- use a reference (gro or tpr) where the molecule is whole! The tpr is prefered since the molecules are defined.

2- with such a reference and the option -mol you'll get a trajectory with the protein as a whole.

On that trajectory you may apply more modifications:
-nojump with generate a trajectory where the pbc are not applied so you can do msd analysis. Note that thisnis done by default in g_msd.
- fitting with only translation removed (equivalent to centering but more stable. Centering works strangely)

XAvier.