[gmx-users] how many contacts has a certain atom at MD

Olga Ivchenko olga.ivchenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:51:54 CET 2011

So I used mindist for a certain group of molecules which is surrounded by
water. I got plot number of contacts versuc sumulation time. According to
what I see in a distance  < 0.6nm at certain frame there are on average 150
contacts.

Actually how the programm calculates the number of contacts, if someone
knows what is a creteria that a certain contact is formed?
Is is a certain distance.

best,
Olga