[gmx-users] configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 06:48:57 CET 2011

On 23/02/2011 3:35 PM, Justin Kat wrote:
> Im not quite sure if this is the right place to analyze, but a bit before the part in the config.log where it states the error of "cannot compuete sizeof (off_t)", there is this:
>
> configure:25048: checking size of off_t
>

> configure:25053: /usr/local/bin/mpicc -o conftest  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fin
> line-functions -Wall -Wno-unused -msse2 -funroll-all-loops -std=gnu99 -I/usr/loc
> al/include -L/usr/local/lib  conftest.c -lnsl -lm>&5
>

> configure:25053: $? = 0
> configure:25053: ./conftest
> ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open share
> d object file: No such file or directory
> configure:25053: $? = 127
> configure: program exited with status 127

That looks like the right part to examine. So during configure, your
shared-library environment is such that executables compiled with mpicc
can't be run. Running some other MPI test program will establish whether
the problem is with your MPI install/environment (likely IMO), or with
what configure is doing.

Mark