[gmx-users] Library file ffamber_tip3p.gro not found in current directory

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 23 13:00:03 CET 2011

sunita gupta wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> I am setting up a system for protein ligand complex using amber force
> filed with Gromacs 4.5.
> in pdb2gmx command i used -water tip3p
> but when executing genbox command with -cs ffamber_tip3p.gro....I am
> getting follwing error "*Fatal error:
> Library file in current dir nor  not found ffamber_tip3p.groin default
> directories.
> (You can set the directories to search with the GMXLIB path variable)*
>
> Also I manually edited the complex.top file tip3p.itp ->
> ffamber_tip3p.itp...still the problem persists
> I searched the /gromacs-4.5/share/gromacs/top directory, and did not
> find any such file there...
> Can anyone please guide me where I can get ffamber_tip3p.gro file or
> solve my problem?

There has been significant reorganization to the force field directories in
Gromacs 4.5.  You can use any 3-point water box to do the solvation, i.e.
spc216.gro, since AFAIK no other 3-point water coordinate files are distributed
with Gromacs.  The call to "ffamber_tip3p.itp" is also outdated.  Look into the
new force field structure to get the proper call for your force field (i.e.
amberXX.ff/tip3p.itp).

> SUNITA GUPTA

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate