[gmx-users] about -CN triple bond

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Feb 28 12:31:29 CET 2011

On 02/28/11, "C.Y. Chang"  <chiayun.chang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to add a dummy atom in my small molecular pdb and
> topology file. (attached files)
> But the MDS process still shut down.
> The msg. is
> [1]+  Exit 255                nohup mdrun -v -deffnm npt_cmplx
>

> Could you give me some suggestions for dealing with the problem.

Solving the problem requires removing the one of the three existing co-linear atoms by treating it as a virtual atom. You haven't done that. You've introduced a fourth co-linear atom - the dummy. Treat the central C atom as a dummy. That reduces your number of non-virtual co-linear atoms to 2 in all cases. That solves this problem.

Mark