[gmx-users] Enthalpy of vaporization

Fabian Casteblanco fabian.casteblanco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:09:20 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to find the enthalpy of vaporization for 7 types of
alcohols to try to compare to experimental values.  I have all of them
simulated to equilibrium and I can use g_energy to view the Total
Energy (both kinetic and potential).  In order for me to find the
enthalpy of vaporization, is it as simple as just running the NPT
script again and changing the temperature to that of its boiling point
and 1 degree K over that?  Would it just be the difference between the
enthalpy at boiling pt and 1 degree past boiling?

If anyone could possibly lead me in the right direction I would
greatly appreciate it.  Thanks for your help.

--
Best regards,

Fabian F. Casteblanco
Rutgers University --