[gmx-users] error: Only triclinic boxes...

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 3 09:25:07 CEST 2011

On 3/06/2011 3:06 AM, Elisabeth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am getting the error below at the very beginning of the simulation
> (both serial and parallel). I am sure I did not encounter this problem
> before with the same input files. This has just happened now. I really
> have no clue why this is happening. could you please help me? Thank
> you all in advance.

You broke the simulation. Do not use parinello-rahman for equilibration.
It's only good close to equilibrium, and can oscillate wildly under the
wrong conditions. Generate velocities on a structure whose density is
appropriate for the ensemble you're working with, equilibrate, then
compress in stages, very gently. I've lost track of the number of times
I've suggested people not just randomly apply some large pressure on
some random configuration and expect it to work.

Mark