[gmx-users] Solvating dodecahedron

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 3 13:22:22 CEST 2011

Tsjerk Wassenaar wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
>> Note that the pseudo-sphere representation is for visualization
>> purposes only; the triclinic cell should be the input for any simulation.
>
> This not true. It doesn't matter which representation you use as
> input. Molecules may be broken over PBC, but the topological
> information is taken from the .tpr file anyway. Gromacs may spit out
> broken molecules, and will swallow them just as well.

Good to know, and that certainly makes sense.  I guess I was thinking of an old
post that warned never to do this; perhaps there was some problem with PBC
handling in an older version, and thus I made a habit to never change the input
coordinates.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar