[gmx-users] binaries for mac os x 10.6

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jun 5 00:12:00 CEST 2011

Dear Users:

Does somebody have a set of gromacs binaries for mac os X 10.6.7 that
they can post somewhere (perhaps in
http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Gromacs_binaries)?

Macbook Air 3.1
Version 10.6.7
1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
SMC version 1.67f3

I am trying to install it on a macbook air and I can't imagine using
up 4 GB of the 64 GB hard drive to install xcode and do an install
from source. Even tools like fink seem to require xcode.

I'm very new to the mac (it's not even my mac) so if anybody has
better ideas for getting a gromacs installation then that would be
great.

Please note that I did try to search the archives, but for some reason
a search for the word "gromacs" turned up many hits but a search for
"mac" or "max os X 10.6" or variation therein turned up no hits...
possibly because the words are so short? A google serch turned up a
bit, but not what I am looking for.

Thank you very much for your time,
Chris.