[gmx-users] Atom OXT in residue ASP 18 was not found in rtp entry ASP with 9 atoms while sorting atoms.

Emine Deniz Tekin edeniztekin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:02:03 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I wrote a own code to put three identical lipopeptide at desired positions.
Then I used the pdb2gmx with –ter flag to get the system’s topology, I have
encountered the following error:

Fatal error:

Atom OXT in residue ASP 18 was not found in rtp entry ASP with 9 atoms

while sorting atoms.

But, I am sure that there is no such defined atom type (OXT) neither in “
.rtp” fıle nor “ .pdb” file.

And also, I searched the mailing-list. I found the following link but
still could not figure out the problem.

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-September/054209.html

(I am using gromos53a6 force field.)

Any help will be appreciated.