[gmx-users] Re: distance/direction PMF

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 18:08:54 CEST 2011

Hi Justin

Sorry maybe I was unclear before with my first point; the specified
distance in the mdp file is 0.78nm, which grompp returns back as the ref
distance. The "distance at the start" that grompp returns is also
0.78nm, even though the actual distance is 0.815nm. That's why I was
asking what this distance actually means, as it is not the absolute
distance between the reference groups.
Also as regards to your second point; what if in the initial
configurations the two reference groups do not lie along the stated vector?

Cheers

Gavin