[gmx-users] Re: problem in g_density

cdalgicdir cahit.dalgicdir at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:09:01 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

The set of frames is arbitrary, overall I do not expect any sudden
significant change in density.

I calculated the density profiles by coinciding end of intervals, i.e
instead of 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 and 5-20 ns, I calculated 4999-10000,
9999-15000, 14999-end and 4999 - end ps. (simulation lasts for 20 ns)
where I expect the data sets do not skip any intermediate frames.
However the results don't change.
I have also tried using traj.trr instead of traj.xtc, results don't
change again.

What I don't understand is considering that the data sets represent the
intervals,
x1: 5-10 ns
x2: 10-15 ns
x3: 15-20 ns

and X represents 5-20 ns.

X = x1+x2+x3
shouldn't the average of subset averages be equal to the average of the
main set?
mean(X) = mean(mean(x1)+mean(x2)+mean(x3))

Thanks,
Cahit