[gmx-users] Re: error during equilibriation

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 11 13:47:57 CEST 2011

sreelakshmi ramesh wrote:
> the same mdp file does the equlibriation fine at dt =0.0002 rather than
> 0.002.what could be the problem.if so can i continue using 0.0002 for dt
> in this simulation.Anad also the cnt is not infinite adn also the
> graphen sheets are not infinite.

Reducing the timestep can be effective when initial forces are too high and
cause everything to blow up.  Decreasing it by 10x is usually not necessary and
suggests to me that you're dealing with a physically unreasonable system that
may or may not eventually blow up again.

I'd suspect that your EM was not sufficient, or your starting configuration is
not favorable, or perhaps both.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate