[gmx-users] Re: Largest charge group radii for Van der Waals; Largest

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 11 18:15:19 CEST 2011

Tom wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies about my question!
>
> Justin: you might be right. I continued a simulation after manual re-assembling
> two objects from two simulations. For one object, part of the molecule split
> accross PBC. I combine this object with the other one.
>
> Is there any way to solve this to avoid any mistake for the continued
> simulation?

In principle, nothing is wrong, as long as the distance grompp is complaining
about corresponds to one of your box vectors.  Your molecule is split; there is
no requirement that molecules necessarily be whole in a periodic system.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee