[gmx-users] reg PME usage

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 13 09:18:07 CEST 2011

On 13/06/2011 4:51 PM, vidhya sankar wrote:
> Dear justin,
>                   Thank you for your previous reply.
>                   When i study the effect of ionic strength on stability
> Which Parameter of Electrostatics Should  i use? . If I use usual PME
> Then will it interfere it with  result?.

It will have an effect. That effect will almost always be less bad than
the effect of using a plain cut-off.

> Because My system has Non zero charge  I went through a Literature In
> that They used The
> "Cut-off"  Coulomb Type But When I use the Same cut-off for my system
> It showsartifacts
> warning

Then your literature is probably too old to be a sound reference point.
Reproducing a method that was known at the time to have a flaw that has
since been demonstrated to be serious will lead to referees rejecting
your paper outright.