[gmx-users] ionic strength and PME

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 13 17:32:28 CEST 2011

vidhya sankar wrote:
> Dear justin,
>                   Thank you for your previous reply.
>                   When i study the effect of ionic strength on stability
> Which Parameter of Electrostatics Should  i use? . If I use usual PME
> Then will it interfere it with  result?.
> Because My system has Non zero charge  I went through a Literature In
> that They used The
> "Cut-off"  Coulomb Type But When I use the Same cut-off for my system It
> shows artifacts
> warning
> Thanks In advance

Mark already answered this earlier:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2011-June/062146.html

If your system has a non-zero charge I see no reason why you can't use
counterions to balance the charge and increase the ionic strength to varying
degrees from the neutral baseline.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar