[gmx-users] Group DRG not found in indexfile

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:07:44 CEST 2011

Please choose an informative subject line, especially when initiating a new thread.

ITHAYARAJA wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I found an error which is given below as i run grompp for
> position-restraint
>
> Fatal error:
> Group DRG not found in indexfile.
> Maybe you have non-default goups in your mdp file, while not using the
> '-n' option of grompp.
> In that case use the '-n' option.
>
> The error was attempted with -n but the following error also found,
>
> File input/output error:
> index.ndx
>
> I can do nothing by this simple statement, please help me, Sir

You've specified a group somewhere in the .mdp that doesn't exist.  Groups can
be assigned by the name given in the [moleculetype] directive or by a custom
name given in an index file.  Apparently you've invoked grompp -n but you don't
have an index file.  You may or may not need one.  If you've used "DRG" but no
[moleculetype] entries are named as such, use a proper name.  If you need to use
some custom subset of atoms, make an index group.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee