[gmx-users] residue HISB not found 4.5.3 versus 4.0.7 OPLSAA

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 16 16:39:26 CEST 2011

On 17/06/2011 12:33 AM, maria goranovic wrote:
> thought of that, but the trajectory also has HISB data ..

.xtc and .trr trajectories have no atom identification. That's why lots
of the tools require a .tpr or coordinate file, together with a
trajectory file in order to function. Using bash, look at gmxdump -f
traj.xtc 2>&1|less to learn what is there. You merely need to be
confident the atom ordering hasn't changed from whatever generated the
old trajectory.

> so I guess I will have to alter it frame by frame ?

Even if your trajectory is some pseudo-format like .pdb or .gro, you can
convert it back to one of the above easily.

Mark