[gmx-users] Including quadrupole-charge interaction in GROMACS

WU Yanbin wuyb02 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:10:37 CEST 2011

Hi, Erik,

Thanks for the information.

Regarding using more than two partial charges to mimic quadrupole
explicitly, is there a one-to-one relation between the quadrupole moments
and "position and magnitude" of the partial charges? For example, if I would
like to include quadrupole moment for carbon in graphene, which has only
non-zero Q20 quadrupole component, how should I place partial charges to
mimic that quadrupole moment?

Any hint or direction for literature is appreciated.

Best,
Yanbin