[gmx-users] g_hbond

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 16 23:28:28 CEST 2011

 From g_hbond -h

"OH and NH groups are regarded as donors, O is an acceptor always, N
is an acceptor by default, but this can be switched using -nitacc.
Dummy hydrogen atoms are assumed to be connected to the first
preceding non-hydrogen atom."

The two groups are to find hbonds between group A and group B. If you
want to find hbonds within group A, then you specify an index group
that contains group A two times.

I think that you want:

[ group ]
100 101 200

Then give group 2x as the identical index group.

PS, there were problems with g_hbond a few months ago reported on
list, I suggest that you check to ensure that these problems were fixed.

Chris.