[gmx-users] Re: Gromacs error

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Fri Jun 17 03:04:36 CEST 2011

Someone with some more in depth knowledge will hopefully pipe up, but until then there are some things you can read up on and see if it will solve your issue.

Google is your friend.

Put "error while loading shared libraries: libgmx.so.6: Permission denied" into it, and  you get a number of topics on forums discussing the issue you have had.  Not directly with libgmx.so.6 but that issue appears to be the same.  And they all relate to Fedora from what I can see.

This one appears to solve the issue - http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=253870

With some more reading you should be able to sort out what the issue actually is, seems to be something to do with how files are handled with Fedora, and then the correct course of action.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Action
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304