[gmx-users] What does it mean by saying mca: base: component_find: unable to open....

xiaowu759 xiaowu759 at qq.com
Fri Jun 17 09:15:48 CEST 2011

Dear gmxers,
 We have installed gmx-4.5.4 on one cluster from the source, without any errors. I can also run mdrun in non-parallel way successful. However, when I run mdrun in parallel way as follows:

mpimdrun -h
some messages are given:

[node10:03709] mca: base: component_find: unable to open /public/software/mpi/openmpi1.4-gnu/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_ofud: perhaps a missing symbol, or compiled for a different version of Open MPI? (ignored)

[node10:03709] mca: base: component_find: unable to open /public/software/mpi/openmpi1.4-gnu/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_openib: perhaps a missing symbol, or compiled for a different version of Open MPI? (ignored)

NNODES=1, MYRANK=0, HOSTNAME=node10

 What does it mean by saying  so? Could you give me some hints for dealing with it?
 Thanks a lot for any reply.
 Dr. Chaofu Wu
  Department of Chemistry and Materials Science
 Hunan University of Humanities, Science and Technology,
 Loudi 417000, the People's Republic of China (P.R. China)