[gmx-users] is lincs used with virtual hydrogens?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jun 19 17:23:10 CEST 2011

Dear Mark:

Now I am confused. Your first post indicated that P-LINCS did the
angle constraints. But here you indicate that the v-site algorithm
does it. This is probably because my first post was incomplete about
the method that I used.

Can you please confirm my current understanding?

Therefore (A):

      pdb2gmx -vsite none
      constraints = h-angles
      constraint_algorithm =  lincs

--> P-LINCS constrains all bonds and angles involving hydrogens

But when I use (B):

      pdb2gmx -vsite hydrogen
      constraints = all-bonds
      constraint_algorithm =  lincs

--> Hydrogens are built as V-sites and P-LINCS constrains all bonds
that do not involve hydrogen.

Of course, water is treated by SETTLE in both of the above.

Please note that I am not concerned about getting LINCS warnings. I
probably should not have mentioned that. I am simply trying to figure
out exactly how to write my methods section.

Thank you,
Chris.