[gmx-users] Re: Increase in charge after adding the ligand

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Tue Jun 21 04:10:16 CEST 2011

You need to work out exactly why you have the mis-match, something is screwy.

Something that you are doing does not add up.

What is the charge on the ligand?  Appears to be -7.

Why when you add 9 Na+ do you then end up with a charge of +8?  Seems that you have actually added 17 sodiums from those numbers.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Action
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304