[gmx-users] Re: Error during executing the protein ligand tutorial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 21 05:42:42 CEST 2011

bharat gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In addition to my last mail, I am also getting another error during the
> minimization step. I made the changes in em_real.mdp file for my sytem
> but its showing the error that "ource code file: readir.c, line: 1316
>
> Fatal error:
> Group PTR not found in indexfile.
> "

I'm guessing you failed to follow step 5 here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field

> also the charge on the system now is 8 .... pls help

Take another look at the screen output regarding net charge before adding ions.
  I suspect you're missing an exponent.  But I'd echo what Mark has said -
always provide real output directly copied from the screen, or else we're left
to our suspicions and guesses, which ends up wasting everyone's time.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee