[gmx-users] Questions about GB parameters

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Wed Jun 22 08:20:56 CEST 2011

Hi!

I did some digging and think I can clarify at least the first question.

Sorry for the confusion with regard to the earlier post. What is specified in the gbsa.itp file under the gbr column is indeed vdW-radii. These are used to compute Born radii, as the manual says. The dielectric offset is subtracted from the vdW radii, as this has been shown to improve the agreement between PB and GB calculations (see eg. the OBC-paper, Onufriev, Bashford and Case, Proteins, 55, 383-394).

For the second question, I am a little confused myself now. The values found in the gbsa.itp-file are exactly those found in the Tinker package (in the ksolv.f-routine), which also cites the same reference. Hmm...I'll be back again for this one.

Cheers
/Per