[gmx-users] Re: Trajectory and ED - (not old question again)

Kavyashree M hmkvsri at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:54:10 CEST 2011

Dear Sir,

I tried fitting the proteins of the trajectory in pymol
as mentioned in your (Dr. Tsjerk's) tutorial, but later
I tried using the trjconv -fit rot+trans to fit the proteins
in the trajectory as you had mentioned.

I do not observe this degree of movement in protein
when I view the trajectory along any 1-5 eigen vectors.
This trajectory along any of these eigen vector is very minute
and cannot be compared to that obtained after superposing
the structure in the trajectory. Why is it so?
Please let me know if I am understanding the concept wrong.

Thanking you
With regards
M. Kavyashree