[gmx-users] Re: Trajectory and ED - (not old question again)

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:13:06 CEST 2011

Hi Kavya,

For certain I do not state in my tutorial that one should use g_nmtraj
for this. It is intended for analysis of normal modes analysis, where
the eigenvalues are related to the frequencies of the harmonic
motions. You're using it on the modes with largest eigenvalues, which
are interpreted as high frequencies, consequently giving small
amplitudes. This explains that you're not seeing much.

To get an idea of the extent of the motion, look at the extreme
projections. To see how the trajectory moves along a certain mode, use
g_anaeig -filt

Cheers,

Tsjerk